Search

P3 Process and Equipment Set Up

Software Used
Adobe Photoshop - Used this software to make the gif of the bird flying. I also made the textures in photoshop as it is image based software.

Adobe After Effects - This is where everything came together. All of the objects where put to video in this software as it is video based software.



Making the flying bird
To make the bird I used Adobe Photoshop as it allows me to create GIF animations. I started it off by making a new file and framing it 800 by 800 pixels. This was the right size as I might need to resize it too a smaller size later on and didn't want it to pixelate.








Before I could make an animation I needed to add on the timeline window which would allow me to make frames which would make it an animation.

Each frame is each layer I select to be shown. In this instance I had four layers which means 4 frames going at 0.1 second. I chose this speed as it  would make the bird seem fluent in his flying.



Timeline

Putting everything together
To put everything together I used Adobe After Effects as this allowed me to make multiple compositions to put everything together.


Firstly in After Effects I made a composition which would maintain all the files that are needed to make the animation.The composition is made to 1280 by 720 pixels at 25 frames a second. I could allow myself to make my animation at 25 frames a second because I was working with keyframes.


This is the timeline of my finished work. The Yellow numbers show where each part of animation came in and out. As you see everything is color coded as it makes it easier for me to know what is what. I don't like naming every single thing as I know what is what from the colours anyway. 
This is the key frames used for the Sun object to control it's position in the animation. When I set a key frame the After Effects animation fills in the gaps where the sun is moving to make it look smooth.



Equipment and Set Up

This was my setup I used a Wacom Bamboo Tablet to draw my birds and objects and to put everything together I used my Windows PC with Adobe After Effects.