Search

P2 Legal & Ethical issues

Copyright
Potential problems
Some of the potential problems I might have with my main character is that the animation film Kung Fu Panda also uses a panda that has similar characteristics of my character which is laziness. However I think my character is shown differently through it's voice and actions it wouldn't be a big problem.

Another character that my main character Bob the Panda is similar to is Peter from Family Guy because of there similar appearance in clothes they both wear shirts and trousers which look similar and both body shapes are quite similar which would suggested my animation might be influenced by the character of Peter.

Both of the points I made should be kept in mind as it could be classed as copyright however none of the textures or shapes were actually copied from the character so there shouldn't be a big problem.


Offensive Material / Age Rating
Potential Problems
Some of the potential problems I might have with the offensive material that occasionally the characters use offensive words to catch the humour for the audience . Therefore the age limit won't be low as 12 or 12A. According to BBFC the age rating would be 15 as it uses consistent strong language and has other issues with it which wouldn't be acceptable for a younger age.

Representation
Potential Problems
My character Bob the Panda is represented as a working class man originating as an immigrant however voice by an deep American rich voice either black or white voice actor . This would seem wrong if it was buy a rich white voice however I think it would suit the character more as it is the hero of the animation and is the main character of the animation. Also normally the animal Panda originate from Asian parts of the world and there hair is white and black mixed which would make my character multi-cultural.